the Starport in Cyberspace
You see a huge room with gently curving walls. It looks as though it
might be a kind of lobby, if it ever gets cleaned up. The floor is
littered with piles of boxes labeled ``HyperSpace Express --
Movers to the Stars'', and a few labeled ``Oasis CD
Manufacturing''. The place looks even more chaotic than most web sites
An easel a few steps back from the entryway bears a sign that says:
To the right of the entrance is an archway of curiously-shaped widgetry.
There is nothing behind it when you look from the side, but seen
straight-on it appears to lead to a cluttered home office. A
hastily-scribbled sign hung at the top of the arch reads:
An album cover has been attached to the wall beside it, possibly with
chewing gum. There are the remains of some purple duct tape that once
held a flier soliciting pre-orders. In its place is a small
business-card-sized flier pointing to the CD Baby website, just down
the corridor to the left. It looks as thought Steve's entire website has
been moved to somewhere else; the corridor that once led to the ./Steve_Savitzky/ pages is now a shiny new
portal to Steve.Savitzky.net/.
On a chair beside it is a small pile of papers titled Guide for the
Perplexed Wedding Guest, next to a stack of fliers for Consonance.
Points of Interest
- Coffee, Computers, and Song!
- Steve Savitzky's CD of songs about computers. Just
- Steve Savitzky's collected writings, filk songs, CDs, and software.
Our co-located non-commercial sister site:
- Site Policies Notice. and
- the Xenofilkia home page!
- Our first inhabitants! I'm not sure why it didn't occur to
me earlier to offer free space in exchange for a fanzine
subscription, but that's what I'm doing.
- The Flier Table
- and our first flier, from the AlterYears store
(or rather, where things will be when we're done constructing...)
- The Lobby
- Bulletin Boards and Flier Tables
- The Flier Table
- Announcements. Eventually this will get split up by topic.
- The Hucksters' Room
- A home on the net for fannish businesses that don't have their own web
servers, and links for those that do.
- The Art Show and Artists' Ghetto
- A showplace and contact point for SF and fantasy artists.
- The Filk Room
- The Fanzine Room
- There are a lot of good zines on the Web;
maybe there would be more if more editors had net access.
- The Grand Hotel:
Guest Rooms and
- Pointers to the home pages of fen (like me)
and fannish households (like Grand Central
Starport ), and a place for fen with no internet access to park
- The Docking Bay
- Jumping-off point for other places in Cyberspace, with an accent on
and resources for
kids and their
The Starport in Cyberspace,
Grand Central Starport,
theStarport and Places.to
are service marks of
the Starport in Cyberspace is hosted at dreamhost.com
343 Leigh Ave, San Jose, CA 95128
Stephen Savitzky <steve @ theStarport.org>,
Site developed on Linux,
served by Apache, and best
viewed with Any
Browser. Details here.
$Id: index.html,v 1.24 2008-02-06 05:05:11 steve Exp $
Copyright © 1998-2010 Stephen R. Savitzky <steve @ theStarport.org>